Let’s open this blog up for public comments and discussions!
Ideas on what to talk about:
- What do you think about a girl as “the chosen one” in this rewrite? How do you think it will change the story, if at all?
- What do you think about Voldemort as a woman? Given that historically men have held power and led revolutions (good and bad), do you find it unrealistic for Voldemort to be a woman?
- What gender roles did you notice showing up in the original Harry Potter? What stereotypes did you see enforced or challenged?
- If you are a person of color, how did reading the original Harry Potter make you feel? If you are white, did you notice any lack of representation?
- If you are an LGBT+ person, what thoughts did you have on the original Harry Potter?
- What was your favorite part of the original Harry Potter? What do you hope to see in this rewrite?
- Do you have any general thoughts or opinions you’d like to share?